Monday, May 10, 2010

Pizza Fusion - Orlando - A Restaurant Review

When you make the decision to live a more sustainable lifestyle, one of the first things you may feel you have to give up is eating out. Fear not! Behold Pizza Fusion!

The corporate mission statement of Pizza Fusion is "to uphold the highest level of integrity in all we do, from the quality and origin of our food to our care for the health of our customers and the environment."  How refreshing is that!  A restaurant that cares.  Their menu is all natural and 75% organic, and all their meat is certified humane, and hormone, nitrate, and antibiotic free. The delivery vehicles are hybrids, they purchase renewable wind energy certificates to offset 100% of their energey consumption, and all restaurants are built to LEED building standards.  All of these efforts are fantastic, but they would be nothing without the fresh ingredients and amazing staff that are the building blocks of Pizza Fusion-Orlando

First, let me start with the staff.  I know we're talking about a restaurant so you expect me to say something about the food, and I will, but the staff at Pizza Fusion-Orlando deserves a little praise first.  My family and I have been to Pizza Fusion twice now.  When we walked in for our second visit, nearly a month after our first, we were greeted by Kyle (our server from our first visit) who said "welcome back!"  Welcome back?  You mean you remember us after only one visit?  The staff, Kyle and Greg, and all the other's whose names I don't know yet, are courteous, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and friendly.  They reccomend things based on what they actually like, not just blind, everything on the menu is good reccomendations.  As we left with full bellies, and smiling faces, my daughter gave Kyle a hug, and he shook my husbands hand mentioning that Monday nights, is family night, so we could come in and get the little one a free cheese pizza with our order.  As I walked towards the door, my daughters hand in one hand, and my yummy leftovers in the other, one of the other employees jogged past me to hold the door, with a smiling face, and well wishes for a lovely evening.

In a day and age where customer service has gone by the way side to make room for speed and efficiency it is so refreshing to go to a restaurant where you are treated as more than a customer, but as a guest at their establishment.  This is what you will find at Pizza Fusion-Orlando.

Now for the food!  So far, I have tried the Burchetta Pizza, the Founders Pie,  and the Sausage with Tricolor Peppers.  My husband also had the Big Kahuna last visit, but between him and my daughter...I didn't get to try that one.  The food has amazing fresh flavor.  The salads are crisp; no brown wilty lettuce here!  We've had the Fusion Salad, and the Pear Gorgonzola.  They were both fantastic.  The salad dressings are delightful with just the perfect blend of flavors and spices.  The pizza crusts are amazing too.  For a more traditional flavor go for the Organic White crust, but my personal favorite is the multi-grain.  When you're finished devouring your pizza (and you will devour it) you must try their signature dessert....Vegan Brownies.  Now I know some of you out there are shaking your heads right now at vegan brownies...but I assure you my friend, not only am I lover of all things chocolate, but my husband is a brownie connoisseur and these brownies...are AMAZING!  They are moist and gooey just as a brownie should be.  The chocolate chip cookies, and the gelatto are also yummy, but its hard for any dessert to make it out of the shadow of these brownies. 

The portions are perfect, they don't skimp on the desserts, and I don't have to worry about what's in the lemonade (its organic) if my daughter should feel like having a sweet drink.  I feel welcomed, and comfortable with every visit.  I assure you, Pizza Fusion is a tastey experience, one you will want to repeat as much as possible.  I know I'll be going back again soon!


"It's fun to get together and have something good to eat at least once a day. That's what human life is all about-enjoying things."  - Julia Child

No comments:

Post a Comment